So I'm a sucker for easy comedy. It has been noticed that people find personality just as persuasive as issues when it comes to choosing whom to vote for. Bill Clinton showed just how much traction one can get politically by letting one's hair down and having fun on late-night TV, remember his sax rendition of Heartbreak Hotel on Arsenio Hall's show? So it is rather natural for Howard Dean to grab some of the late night looseness. Even better that he is making fun of himself by reading The Top Ten on Late Night with David Letterman:
"Ways, I, Howard Dean, can turn things around."
10. Switch to decaf.
9. Unveil new slogan, "Vote for Dean and get one dollar off your next purchase at Blimpie."
8. Marry Rachel on the final episode of "Friends."
7. Don't change a thing, it's going great.
6. Show a little more skin.
5. Go on "American Idol" and give them a taste of those pipes.
4. Start working out and speaking with an Austrian accent.
3. I can't give specifics yet, but it involves Ted Danson.
2. Fire the staffer who suggested I do this lousy Top 10 List instead of actually campaigning.
1. Oh, I don't know -- maybe fewer, crazy, red-faced rants.