Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Incoming Book Meme!!!

I have just been tagged with the Book Meme by Sean Dustman of Doc in the Box. Breathe easy folks, Sean is the only one of you that I know for certain has a blog, so this is probably going to be a dead end for this meme copy.

1. Number of books you own: Good God. Scattered hither and yon, I must be racking up about eight or nine hundred, and that is not counting the 200 or so role-playing game books that have yet to clear their temporary housing in the guest room of a friend's house. Every so often fire codes dictate that I have to clear the dross.

2. Last book bought: Nonzero by Robert Wright

3. Last book I read: Iron Sunrise by Charles Stross

4. Five books that mean a lot to me:

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
The Diamond Age by Neil Stephenson
Chaos by James Gleik
Neuromancer by William Gibson
The Gunslinger series by Stephen King

And a personal addition, not a book but a magazine article that got me started on my professional path:

An article on advanced materials from the December 1989 National Geographic. It has been Materials Science for me ever since.

No comments: