Thursday, April 15, 2004

The Count is Now: 80

I just finished reading the interview: Oliver Stone's Twist - Is the director's latest film soft on Castro? By Ann Louise Bardach, and it just made me irate, hence the add to the count.

Stone comes off as so willing to give whatever rationalization to Castro that he becomes willfully blind. How on earth can he possibly believe that the prisoners would really be honest about how they were treated in prison with Fidel Castro sitting in the same room, hearing everything? Oliver Stone wouldn't believe an eye witness to the Kenedy assassination who has a film of Lee Harvey Oswald firing the gun and Kenedy's brains getting splattered if the guy so much as had a father whose cousin had roomed with a guy who once dated a stenographer for the FBI. Where was I? Oh, right. Evidently Mr. Stone is not one to handle evidence in an even handed and unbiased fashion.

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being that I'd believe he saw Elvis at Burger King if he told me) Oliver Stone's credibility score is a 2. Not a one or a zero, that low and I'd have to doubt that JFK really was assassinated.

No comments: