Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I Remember When Homogeneity Was the Threat

Now it is the fact that we have too much choice that is the evil facing mankind. Wasn't MacDonald's supposed the only restaurant in existence by now? Or was that Taco Bell, I can't keep them straight. If the studies the New York Times article are indicative:

Too many options may drive consumers away. In one experiment, Ms. Iyengar found that people who were shown a selection of six different jams in a store were about 10 times as likely to buy a jar than those exposed to a range of 24 flavors.

then the best way to stimulate the economy would be to limit everyone down to a single choice in all particulars.

And they all laughed at me when I sank my money into silver jumpsuit futures.

On the other hand, it is obvious that Baskin Robbins is deliberately out to make America obese by only offering 31 flavors. More flavors for a thinner America!

No comments: