Friday, April 15, 2005

The Un-Americanism In Me

I realize that I am truly going out on a limb here, and what I am about to say may border on treasonous. However, it is something that, in the course of recent events requires me to say:

I am not very fond of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I know, I know, next I'll be against apple pie and baseball. Not to fear, apple pie shall always enjoy a warm embrace, and I am a big follower of the Lancaster Jet Hawks.

What has brought on this confession was that in the course of researching my professional field of materials design, I came across a story about Smucker's patent for their new pre-packaged PB&J. Actually, they are trying to patent the design, as all of the elements already exited, and they created a way to keep the bread from getting soggy from the jelly. Not a bad idea, but for my palate, I say move on.

No comments: