Thursday, July 29, 2004

I'll Admit It

I broke my promise to myself and watched part of the Democratic Convention last night. I won't make any points about John Edwards's rhetorical style or policy points. What did make an impression on me was Edwards first praising his mother to the high heavens, crediting her with working hard so that her family could have health care and that he could go to college. He then segued directly into the Kerry/Edwards vision of an America in which everybody would have exactly the same opportunities that he had.

There are only two ways that I can really see those ideas stemming from:
a) John Edwards believes that his mother could be replaced by a massive government program
or
b) Mrs. Edwards is going to be one incredibly busy lady should Kerry win the election.

No comments: