Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Message to My Sister

I understand that my niece may not yet be two, but we both know that this is a critical age in laying down the foundation for her future development. I know you are reading to her and playing music for her, so she has the intellectual stimulation pretty well covered.

So, let's move on to her athletic development. She has you and her father as primary gene donors, so you shouldn't have to worry too much that she might have my coordination (or lack thereof). So when you start tossing balls around and move up to wiffle bats, remember that it is better to put some pepper on it. Evidently, really young brains have an easier time focusing on fast things than slow things. And given her well-known love for speed, she should have even less problem.

Then again, I don't know if Mom and Dad could keep up if she gets going even faster.

No comments: