Tuesday, August 31, 2004

F the Undecideds

I just finished reading through Roger L. Simon's blog today and found myself nodding along with this piece regarding the crafting of the Republicam Party platform. Most particularly is the renewed call for a ban on same sex unions. Yet another reminder of why I can't vote for Bush.

On the other hand, I don't even recall hearing anything about a platform coming out of the DNC. Looking at Kerry's wishlist, I can't go that way either.

The first comment on the post drives home my feelings on the whole election quite well:
Maybe we can capture one of the two parties, or maybe one will be so fractured it will die and be replaced by a new one, but for the near future us fiscal conservative, socially liberal hawks don't have a home.


Update: I just realized that I hadn't finished this one yet. Sorry.

Anyway, with the dwindling pool of undecideds, I don't think that either party can count on turning enough to their side to swing the election out of the courts. The only way for one side or the other to win is to energize their bases and demoralize the others. As if I didn't already have enough reason to wish it was November.

No comments: